Class 1 Driver – Full Time, Permanent Role
Salary: £Dependent upon skills and experience. This will be paid on a four weekly basis
Posted on: 20/04/2018
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Based from Company Shop, Tankersley, Barnsley.
Class 1 Driver – Full Time, Permanent Role - Job ID 132
Company Shop is a fast-growing, multi-award-winning business that collaborates with retailers, manufacturers and brands to unlock the potential in surplus stock. Founded over 40 years ago, Company Shop is now the UK’s largest redistributor of surplus products, saving over 45 million units of good food from going to waste each year. It is also the pioneer of Community Shop, its social enterprise that gets surplus food to the people that need it most. Across Company Shop and Community Shop, the group champions a profit with purpose model, delivering fantastic social, environmental and economic value to members, colleagues and clients.
Successful applicant will;
• Drive and maintain an allocated vehicle to make deliveries and collections, including ambient, chill and frozen products.
• Ensure that each vehicle driven is fit for the road by undertaking routine mandatory defect checks.
• Maintain a clean vehicle, inside and out.
• Ensure that you report any defects of the vehicle to your line manager.
• Drive in accordance with the Highway Code regulations, and take responsibility for the vehicle, whilst adhering to all driver regulations and complying with all driving legislation.
• Candidate must be numerate and literate.
• Be accurate and be able to work to deadlines.
• LGV C+E License with minimum 1 years’ experience.
• Experience of refrigerated deliveries advantageous.
• Experience of tail lift deliveries is essential.
• Please note that due to insurance purposes, candidate must be minimum of 25 years old.
Based from Company Shop, Tankersley, Barnsley.
Membership to the Staff Shop and free 2 x death in service cover. Other benefits include discounted rate at the onsite café, and the onsite gym facilities at our head office site.
48 hours over 5 days, hours to be discussed further at interview stage.
Dependent upon skills and experience. This will be paid on a four weekly basis
Please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected] alternatively, please call 01226 355172 for an application form. The closing date for applications is Friday 13 April 2018. Please quote Job ID 132 number in all applications.