Insight Analyst - Full Time Permanent - Job ID 143
Salary: £Dependent upon skills and experience.
Posted on: 20/04/2018
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Company Shop, Tankersley, Barnsley
Insight Analyst – Full Time, Permanent Role - Job ID 143
Company Shop is a fast-growing, multi-award-winning business that collaborates with retailers, manufacturers and brands to unlock the potential in surplus stock. Founded over 40 years ago, Company Shop is now the UK’s largest redistributor of surplus products, saving over 45 million units of good food from going to waste each year. It is also the pioneer of Community Shop, its social enterprise that gets surplus food to the people that need it most. Across Company Shop and Community Shop, the group champions a profit with purpose model, delivering fantastic social, environmental and economic value to members, colleagues and clients.
About the role:
As an Insight Analyst you will focus on reporting within our Marketing and Business Development teams, using data from various sources to manipulate, analyse and interpret data to generate actionable insights which support business improvements and growth. This role will focus on analysing and presenting data for both B2B and B2C purposes.
Key accountabilities will include:
• Build an understanding of where data exists within the business across a complex set of systems
• Ensure accurate data briefs are gathered, questioning and challenging as appropriate to ensure exact requirements are understood and documented
• Generating insights and recommendations by extracting and manipulating data from large data sets; continuously testing and refining results
• Create useable insights that can support business decisions through:
o Identifying and mapping the relevant set of required data
o Extracting and aggregating the data efficiently
o Analysing the data and extract valuable insights
o Producing professional final reports
• Develop smarter and more automated reports and models; working towards the implementation of a suite of reports and templates
• Take responsibility for producing key annual reports; such as Community Shop Impact Reporting
• Marketing specific reporting, including campaign reporting; marketing ‘dashboards’; competitor monitoring / price comparisons
• Support with production of client impact reporting and key statistics across the business
• Monitoring and maintenance of regular automated reporting and checking for errors
• Develop and maintain relationships with key internal customers to identify emerging needs and business challenges
• Collaborate with stakeholders across the business to develop new and insightful reports which reduce workload and drive a positive change in behaviour
• Present reports and insights in a creative way, which is in line with our brand and which are easily understood by a variety of audiences, both internal and external
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Minimum:
• Excellent analytical and report writing skills, with the ability to think logically
• Strong expertise in quantitative data analysis
• Willingness to learn and continuously improve
• A flexible approach, with the ability to adapt to cope with competing deadlines
• Strong business acumen and the ability to see commercial opportunities
• A curious and questioning approach with a high attention to detail
• Good communicator with all levels
Company Shop, Tankersley, Barnsley
Membership to the Company Shop, which includes 2 x family membership passes and free 2 x death in service cover. Other benefits include discounted rates at the onsite café and the gym.
Full time – this role will be to work 40 hours and this may inc lude weekend and bank holiday working as required
Dependent on skills and experience
Please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected] alternatively, please call 01226 355180 for an application form. The closing date for applications is Friday 13 April 2018. Please quote Job ID 143 number in all applications.