Retail Regional Manager (Southern Region)
Salary: £Dependent upon skills and experience.
Posted on: 23/03/2018
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Corby – however the nature of the role will require the successful candidate to travel and work at any of the Company’s locations across the Southern region on a regular basis. Visits to our Head Office Location will also be required.
Retail Regional Manager (Southern Region) – Full Time, Permanent position. - Job ID 121
Company Shop is a fast-growing, multi-award-winning business that collaborates with retailers, manufacturers and brands to unlock the potential in surplus stock. Founded over 40 years ago, Company Shop is now the UK’s largest redistributor of surplus products, saving over 45 million units of good food from going to waste each year. It is also the pioneer of Community Shop, its social enterprise that gets surplus food to the people that need it most. Across Company Shop and Community Shop, the group champions a profit with purpose model, delivering fantastic social, environmental and economic value to members, colleagues and clients.
About the role:
As the Retail Regional Manager, you will demonstrate personal ownership of your stores and manage business performance within an agreed operating framework. You will lead and support a designated area of the retail estate which includes 5 Superstores and existing satellite stores. This role reports into the Head of Retail and Operations.
• Take full accountability for the stores within your area of responsibility to achieve or exceed business targets
• Positively challenge business processes to identify improvements to the way we operate
• Inform and keep senior management aware of any opportunities and issues
• Engage with and build collaborative and productive working relationships with key functions across the business; acting as a conduit between central functions and stores
• Act as the central communications point for all stores, ensuring that they are able to operate at an optimal level
• Own and drive retail improvement initiatives, leading your team to achieve excellence in performance and service goals
• Support Store Managers to manage end to end store processes; working with other departments where necessary to identify and deliver any improvements
• Analyse reports and metrics to highlight any risks and opportunities; putting clear plans in place to solve any issues and drive improvements
• Promote and deliver a customer experience that delivers the highest level of customer service and retention
• Coach managers to achieve high standards within every store; putting members at the heart of our decisions
• Effectively manage and monitor stock diversity and range to drive sales and improve waste – working closely with head office functions
• Use your knowledge of retail, our members and the external market to drive decisions that support better trading within each store
• Take the lead in driving maximum sales to space ratios across the retail estate
• Work through category space and sales performance to deliver the optimum balance for product range / space allocation
• Develop both tactical and strategic plans to improve the member shopping experience and improve the first member shop retention
• Apply a strategic viewpoint to maximise sales opportunities within each store
• Lead Store Managers to manage their budgets and store targets effectively
• Work with the Estates team during new store openings to support necessary activities such as recruitment
• Maintain up to date knowledge of the market place, competitors and trends
• In conjunction with the Head of Retail and Operations, lead the retail proposition including training, compliance and store standards
• Be an advocate for change and transformation, implementing and embedding change projects with passion
• Establish strong leadership and clear vision across retail stores teams, promoting a culture of empowerment, motivation and collaboration
• Promote a safe working environment where all colleagues are involved, engaged, recognised, coached and developed to their full potential
• Act as an escalation point for HR activity where necessary
• Work with Learning & Development to develop training programs to develop our supervisors and colleagues to improve:
• The customer experience
• Merchandising best practice
• Store reception improvements
Your key skills should include;
• Proven track record within a retail, customer centric role ideally with food retail/grocery experience
• Demonstrable experience of managing large teams with the ability to motivate and get the best from teams
• A passionate leader who can win ‘hearts and minds’
• Ability to think strategically
• Solutions focused, with the ability to solve problems
• Significant experience of building cross functional relationships
• Strong commercial and financial acumen with the ability to demonstrate a ‘trading’ mind-set
• Personal energy, commitment and gravitas to drive and deliver
• Flexible and willing to travel
Corby – however the nature of the role will require the successful candidate to travel and work at any of the Company’s locations across the Southern region on a regular basis. Visits to our Head Office Location will also be required.
Company/performance related bonus, company car, Membership to Company Shop, Free 2 x death in service cover.
Full time – this role will be to work 40 hours and this will inclu de weekend and bank holiday working as required
Dependent upon experience.
Please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected] Alternatively please call 01226 355172 for an application form. Upon application please quote Job ID 121 on all applications. The closing date for applications is Wednesay 14th March 2018.