Shift Manager – Full Time, Permanent Position
Salary: £Dependent upon skills and experience.
Posted on: 08/01/2018
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Head Office, Tankersley, Barnsley. Travel to other locations may be required.
Company Shop is a fast-growing, multi-award-winning business that collaborates with retailers, manufacturers and brands to unlock the potential in surplus stock. Founded over 40 years ago, Company Shop is now the UK’s largest redistributor of surplus products, saving over 45 million units of good food from going to waste each year. It is also the pioneer of Community Shop, its social enterprise that gets surplus food to the people that need it most. Across Company Shop and Community Shop, the group champions a profit with purpose model, delivering fantastic social, environmental and economic value to members, colleagues and clients.
About the role:
To ensure the effective management of daily/weekly productivity, quality, Health & Safety, costs, waste and people and to maximise efficiency and drive change through continuous improvement. This role is part of the wider operations management team and reports into the Head of Operations; key accountabilities include:
• To maintain and continuously improve safety standards throughout Operations
• To assume the role of senior manager on site outside normal hours in event of emergency
• Overall accountability for the successful running of an Operations shift
• To drive changes and improvements through working closely with the Continuous Improvement manager to implement changes
• Labour planning and management of temporary labour and associated budgets to ensure we have the right people in the right place to meet business demands
• Deliver daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s and produce associated reports
• To lead daily review meetings; follow up any actions and ensure efficient and effective shift transitions
• To manage the performance and behaviour of all team members in line with current procedures (including conducting investigations, disciplinaries, grievances and performance discussions
• To work closely with other functions to ensure all supply chain demands are met
• To lead departmental training – create training plans to ensure adequate skills available
• To lead department training meeting through the uses of skills matrices and develop a rolling plan
• Coach and develop the team to develop a proactive approach to problem solving, ensuring development plans are in place and continuously reviewed
• Complete robust daily handovers to Shift Managers to ensure effective running of operation
• Strong operations, distribution or manufacturing background or proven relevant experience
• Line management experience (supervisory management qualification would be advantageous)
• Demonstrable ability to coach and mentor teams to deliver results through people
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience of working within Health and Safety frameworks
• Previous experience of working with budgets and KPI’s would be preferred
Head Office, Tankersley, Barnsley. Travel to other locations may be required.
Membership to the Company Shop, and free 2 x death in service cover. Other benefits include discounted rates at the onsite café, and the onsite gym facilities, eligibility for family and friends membership to Company Shop.
Hours of work will be 40 hours, working 5/7 days. This will include working evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Dependent upon skills and experience..
Please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected] Alternatively please call 01226 747121 for an application form. Upon application, please quote Job ID 108. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 9th January 2018.